As part of migration from Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2019, the work to move mailboxes will begin on 29/5. The move is expected to be completed 28/6.
How does it affect You?
- For those of you who run Outlook, the impact will be small. If Outlook is running when the move is complete, a message will appear stating that Outlook needs to be restarted.
- For those of you who use webmail.umu.se via a browser, OWA, the look will change a little. The big change is on the page for alternatives.
- For users of an IMAP client, the move should be of no significant effect.
- If you have the mailbox in O365 then it will be moved back to Umu’s mail servers and the effect should be the same as for other clients.
- For those using Outlook 2010 or older, this product is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a later version.
Other mail readers
Exchange 2019 does not support SSL lower than TLS 1.2. Today’s function with lower versions is handled by the load balancer and will be discontinued sometime in the coming autumn.
More information about which clients are supported by Microsoft is available here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/supportability-matrix?view=exchserver-2019
Do you have questions? Contact the Service Desk